Acapulco Pools is an established, privately owned company specializing in swimming pool design, construction and service throughout North America. For over 40 years, we have been traveling across North America, leaving our mark along with some pretty amazing aquatic facilities for communities and families to enjoy for years to come.
We love our pools and our clients, but most of all – we love our employees! The Acapulco family consists of over 100 knowledgeable, passionate and fun individuals who all play an important part in bringing our projects to life. We work hard because we truly believe in what we sell, and the quality of our builds.
In addition to saving the world one pool at a time, we are strong believers in finding a balance and having a life outside of work. Our team is made up of road bike enthusiasts, wine connoisseur’s, professional Netflixers, frequent flyers, boat fanatics, dog walkers, devoted sports fans, swimmers (of course!) and so much more. Our philosophy is work hard, play hard. We are proud of the work that we do and we like to celebrate that and just about everything else!
Do you like to do the exact same thing every day? Neither do we! Every day is different. Construction Services is responsible for assisting the project managers and coordinators with the administrative tasks associated with the pre-construction and close out phases of a project. The job exists to streamline these processes and maintain organization. Tasks include, but are never limited to:
Creating the Equipment List and “Pro Track Manager”
- Obtain construction documents from estimating
- Review the construction documents and prepare a preliminary equipment list
- Meet with Project Manager/Project Coordinator to review preliminary equipment list and make changes where necessary to items and/or quantities
- Update the Pro Track Manager with all items from the equipment list
Prepare, Coordinate and Send Submittals “The Project Handbook”
- Prepare submittals including shop drawings, data sheets and anything else required by the specifications for all items on the equipment list
- Send submittals to the general contractor if working as a sub-contractor or to the consultant if working as the general contractor for approval of general conformance
- Follow up with whomever the submittals were sent to, ensuring that we have approvals in a timely manner
- Review returned submittals and make changes to the equipment list based on notes and/or rejections; resubmit and repeat previous step
- Colour code all items on the Pro Track Manager to indicate to the purchasers what items are approved and what items are rejected
- Send Acapulco Colour Selection Chart for items that require colour selection by architect/owner such as trench drains and grates, backstroke flags, etc.
- Send samples for items such as tile, grout, plaster, etc.
- Send a physical copy of “The Project Handbook” to site if requested
Prepare, Coordinate and Send Close-Out Documentation “The Aquatic Resource Manual”
- Prepare “The Aquatic Resource Manual” including operating instructions, operation and maintenance manuals, test reports, as built drawings, warranties, motor depot, aquatic start up and training and msds sheets; send digital copy for approval
- Obtain lists of all pipe labels, lamacoids (for pumps, filters, etc.) and valve tags required and include printed copies of the lists in “The Aquatic Resource Manual” binder
- Send a binder copy for training/commissioning
- Update valve tag list and operating instructions, laminate and put in a project tool box “The Aquatic Accessory Kit” along with pump tape, filter stickers, filter media labels, laminated pump charts, valve tags, warning signs, pipe labels, lamacoids, etc.
- Send drafts of Acapulco warranties as per specification and original quote
- Send as many physical copies of “The Aquatic Resource Manual” as required by the specifications
- Have original warranties signed, sealed and sent after drafts have been approved
Maintaining Mail Tracking, Database and Project Log
- Keep track of all correspondence and log anything sent via courier, mail, email or FTP site in the mail tracking file
- Maintain an up-to-date Project Log, keeping track of what has been sent and approved for each job and what the status is as well as the substantial completion dates
- Maintain an up-to-date database with all products typically used and keep current and accurate submittals and operation/maintenance manuals for all products
- Contact suppliers/manufacturers to obtain shop drawings and operation/maintenance manuals as necessary
- 3-5 years’ experience supporting project managers in an administrative or similar role or diploma in construction engineering technology
- Effective written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Ability to work in a team setting and independently
- Able to work effectively under tight deadlines and in stressful conditions
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and ability to read construction documents and understand terminology and drawing standards
If working with a team of like-minded, hardworking individuals isn’t enough maybe these exciting perks will convince you:
- COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION PACKAGES
- SUBSIDIZED BENEFITS AND EVENTS
- HEALTH & WELLNESS PROGRAM
- REWARDS & RECOGNITION PROGRAM
- PAID VACATION
- TRAVEL OPPORTUNITIES
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
- THE BEST PARTIES…EVER!
Are you ready to be part of the Acapulco Family? Take the plunge and apply today.